Sunday, January 19, 2014

Recipe for Happiness...

Hey friends.
Anyone else catch the knockout bug
that I caught this week?
 
Oh man, I sure hope not.
 
After a really fun yet exhausting
 week in Vegas for work,
I came home and promptly got sicker
than I've been in a long long time.
 
 
After 5 days (!!!!) of sleeping and
eating not much more than soup,
I'm finally feeling back to normal.
 
So this afternoon,
my happy list is pretty simple.
 
Sam Cooke on the record player,
football on mute,
pot roast and root vegetables in the oven
and a glass of whiskey in hand.
 
 
The hubs and I bought a record player this weekend.
Why I went this long without owning one,
I have no idea....
because it's awesome.
 
Growing up I would lay on my grandparents floor
listening to Peter and the Wolf
on the record player over and over.
 
Oddly enough,
Anthony did the same thing at his house with the same record.
(awwwwwww).
 But seriously, I'm going to be obsessed with it for a while.

What about you?
What records are must haves?
I'm already on the search for Pink Moon and
Sinatra's Fly Me to the Moon.


No comments: